Description: LectureNotes is an Android app for note-taking by handwriting on the screen, in particular with a stylus.
It is designed having a user at university (or at school) in mind, for instance a lecturer who is using it for preparing her/his lecture or even for actual teaching (by writing on the device and projecting the screen content for the audience) or a student who is using it for taking handwritten notes during a lecture. However, it has found many users outside academia, for instance businesspersons who use it for business notes and sales presentations or artists who use it to create sketches and drawings.
Its major target devices are tablets with Android 3.0 or later (the development is done on a Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet with an N-trig stylus, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with an S-pen, and an Asus Nexus 7 with an Adonit Jot Pro and a Wacom Bamboo stylus). The basic functionality should work on all devices with Android 3.0 or later, but some which are hardware-dependent such as pressure sensitivity might not.
NOTE: There is a free trial version to test if the app is right for you. The free trial version is fully functional with the exception that the number of notebooks is constrained to two, with no more than eight pages per notebook.
If you encounter a problem with the app, please report it to me by email (devel [a] acadoid.com), I will do my very best to fix it quickly. The same holds true for suggestions and feature requests, please send them to me by email, as I cannot respond to a market review.
* Requires only minimal permissions and no internet connection (we do respect your privacy!)
* Allows multiple pages to be simultaneously visible on the screen (i.e. continuous page view)
* Allows smooth writing, typing, scrolling, and zooming
* Allows free choice of notebook's page width and height (i.e. horizontal and vertical resolution of pages' bitmaps)
* Allows free choice of notebook's cover color, paper color, paper pattern type (plain, ruled, checkered, image, or custom), paper pattern size, and paper pattern color
* Provides four standard pencil colors, three standard pencil widths, seven standard eraser sizes, and twelve custom pencils (for which color, width, softness, and pressure sensitivity can be freely chosen)
* Provides a text layer for entering text via keyboard
* Provides simple drawing tools such as line, empty and filled rectangle, empty and filled oval, and text
* Allows cut, copy, and paste within notebook pages and across notebooks
* Allows multiple layers in notebook pages
* Allows image and image set import into notebook (including image import directly from camera)
* Allows single- and multi-page PDF import (requires PDFView to be installed)
* Allows notebook export as compressed PDF
* Allows notebook export to Evernote (requires Evernote app to be installed)
* Allows audio recording and replay (requires LectureRecordings to be installed)
* Allows sharing of notebook pages
* Allows keyword attachment to notebook pages and automatic indexing
* Allows insertion, deletion, and rearrangement of notebook pages
* Allows sharing and import of notebooks
* Allows organization of notebooks in folders
* Allows backup and restore of notebooks board
Possible issue: For certain functionality, the app requires other apps to be installed: Notebook import, notebooks board restore, and image set import require a file manager app to be installed; image import directly from camera requires a camera app to be installed; PDF import requires a file manager app and PDFView to be installed; export to Evernote requires the Evernote app to be installed; audio recording and replay require LectureRecordings to be installed.
Android OS Requierements: 3.0+
Download Instructions - APK: